inSpirit Church is happy to present the Nathaniel’s Hope Buddy Break program!
2020 Dates and Times:
- Buddy Break will meet the 2nd Saturday of every month from 10am – 1pm
- There will be no Buddy Break for the month of July or August
What is Buddy Break?
Buddy Break is a free kids/respite program where children with special needs (VIP kids) make new friends, play fun games, enjoy crafts, therapy dogs, stories, music activities, and more! Siblings have fun too! Meanwhile, their caregivers get a break from their ongoing care-giving responsibilities for three hours. Buddy Break is open to church members and non-church members with VIP kids.
Each VIP kid is paired one-on-one with a screened volunteer “Buddy” to participate in that day’s activities.
Who are VIP kids?
VIPs are kids with special needs, which include any physical, cognitive, medical or hidden disability, chronic or life-threatening illness, or those who are medically fragile.
Who are Buddies?
Buddies are friends of VIPs.
How do I sign up as a VIP?
inSpirit Church provides Buddy Break for VIP children birth ages: 2-16 years old, and their siblings: 4 years old to 5th grade.
To sign up for the program as a VIP:
- Go to www.BuddyBreak.org and complete the secure online VIP Family Information Form. If you have any siblings that you’d like to have attend Buddy Break, fill out the Sibling form too.
- Contact us to reserve your space at a required VIP orientation. (Contact information is below.) This allows us to meet you and your children and gives you a chance to see Buddy Break before you begin participating.
- Prior to orientation, print and complete the following forms:
Click on the link to open the PDF of each form:
- 4. Once you have signed up for the program and gone through orientation, you’ll need to make a reservation for each month that you want to attend Buddy Break. Space is limited and pre-registration is required, so register early!
To make a reservation for our upcoming Buddy Break as a VIP:
How do I sign up to be a Buddy?
No previous experience with VIP kids is necessary to be a Buddy, just a loving heart, open arms, and a willingness to learn. You must be at least 14 years of age and you will be trained through a two-hour Buddy Training 101 class. You also agree to have a background check run on your information.
To sign up for the program as a Buddy:
Lisa Ledeboer and Kara Gonyon – Buddy Break Coordinators
616-878-3040 ext. 13
To find other upcoming Buddy Break dates and locations, click here or contact Nathaniel’s Hope at 407-857-8224.